Translate?

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Undying Love

There he was again, with his ever angelic smile. His liquid chocolate eyes forever piercing me down. I always go to this small, antique look bookshop every chance I get just to see his face. I gathered up my courage and walked to the front counter. My knees weakened the moment he set his gaze on me.

"May I help you, miss?" he asked.

Just tell him how you feel. Just spill it out for Christ's sake!

"Ermm.....do you....I....Do you know where can I find this author?" I asked tremblingly as I showed him a scribbled paper.

"Oh, sure. I know this author." he said knowingly and smiled.

I followed him at the end of the bookshop where only natural light from the windows appeared as our light. As he searched for the book, I studied his flawless features. God, have you ever seen anyone so beautiful before? I was loss of words, nothing could define how I felt.

"Here you go, miss." he said and handed me the book.

"Oh, thank you." it was all I could say.

"You know, that's one of my favourite book." he continued and shrugged. "You are actually the only one I've come so far who read this book."

I looked up at him, without any hesitation I landed my lips on him. At that point, my mind went completely blank. I didn't know what was I doing. His lips was so soft and warm that I didn't want to let go. It felt so good that my mind snapped back to reality. His eyes were wide and his mouth hanging down opened.

"Ohmygod, I'm sorry...I'm..." I began but as soon as I did, I sobbed with tears spilling down.

With the book in my hand, I dashed out from the bookstore. It was a rainy spring afternoon where everyone was putting on colourful faces. As I ran, I felt so broken. I didn't look back and never did I return again.

------- 8 years later ------
I held my breath as I took a turn into the neighbourhood I spent all my early years in. First time in 7 years that I've return. For 7 years, he was the only reason i chose to return, praying the love was not lost.
The bookshop was still standing. It was the shop that looked old fashioned compared to the rest which were all painted up. I took the book in hand and stepped into the bookshop. I was speechless, nothing has ever changed. Like I was just here yesterday.
"Miss?" a young girl from the counter called.
"Huh? Oh. I want to return a book." I said and handed the book.
The girl flipped through the pages. She looked up at me and looked down at the book again. I think I knew where she was going.
"Ermm, miss, I think you should see my boss. He's at the end of there." she said.
I nodded and turned my heels as I strode towards the direction. There he was standing at that exact spot where I last left him.
"You came back." he said softly.
"All this...the shop -" I began, surprised I still had the voice to speak.
"I thought I left it be like the last time you came, you would know how to come back. Inside here, well, it's just for the memory where we fell in love." he said as he walked towards me.
Tears flow down as I placed my hands on both of his cheeks. God, he loves me. I couldn't believe how stupid I was for letting go. I smiled as I looked up.
"So, where did we last stop?" I asked with flirtatious in my eyes.
"Right here." he answered.
And we kept on kissing until he knelt on one knee down.

No comments: