Translate?

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Lover Letter of Versions

To Adele Foucher (1821)

My dearest,
When two souls, which have sought each other for,
however long in the throng, have finally found each other
...a union, fiery and pure as they themselves are...
begins on earth and continues forever in heaven.
This union is love, true love,...
a religion, which deifies the loved one,
whose life comes from devotion and passion,
and for which the greatest sacrifices are the sweetest delights.
This is the love which you inspire in me...
Your soul is made to love with the purity and passion of angels;
but perhaps it can only love another angel, in which case I must tremble with apprehension.

Yours forever,
Victor Hugo

So this was what the olden days of how people wrote to their lovers. God, I find it so soulful and romantic that I can't believe a human mind is capable to express such way in words. LOL ;D Okay, so I'm going to try to write a love letter in my own way. HAhaha! I'm just merely bored and trying to think about something else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Version - (pretend I'm guy, I don't know why but it seems easier to write a love letter as a guy)

My love,

My beautiful Rosie, I love you more than you could have know. Even if everything that's beautiful combined in this world cannot be compared to the beauty and possession you hold for me. Trust me, my love, for I am completely lost in the world without you.

The life without you is like waiting for the last leaf to fall; I am deeply sorry to have escape your wings but I assure you, I'll be flying with you again.

Please, I'm begging you, wait for my return. For I shall not breathe another breath if you decided to abandon me. The world would stop spinning and the sun would stop burning. I want to love you like you love me; I want to care for you like you care me. The world would turn into a mighty stranger without your existence.

Believe me, we never get enough of love nor shall we give enough of love. Believe me, the beats of our hearts at the same time reminds me of the love that will never die.

Let me have your heart always, I would never break it I promise. Let me be in your soul forever, for I would not find any soul that could use its lips to not to kiss mine but my soul.

Shane


It's not that good. More of 21st century lost somewhere in the 18th century. Hahaha! But hey, remember, I was just bored, okay? I'm trying hard not to think what will happen when my parents return :/

4 comments:

Travel Writer said...

I guess life was better when technology was not that advance. The romance, the feeling that you get while receiving a hand written love letter is something that you can't compared with an email card or a SMS!

QM said...

Yeah! True! Sigh, I would be head over heels if a guy do for me(;

Murphy's Cats said...

QM, you're right, the writing of love letters (or any letters, for that matter), is a lost art, sadly. I have a box of old love letters somewhere that my grandchildren will probably find someday...but where will my e-mails be? Deleted into oblivion.

I like your love letter, you are a good writer!

Thanks for following and commenting on my blog!

Shanya said...

wEY WHERES THE SENSITIVE Issue writing!!! How else am i supposed to be a famous lawyer :)))