Translate?

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Beauty of Writing and Words

This year I'm in Form 4. Next year, I'm in Form 5, then it's all over :|
I have people asking me - friends & family: "What do you want to do?"
I said: "Write."

Some people would twist their faces or some would just be like 'uh huh' like their brains can't interpret the message. I mean, why writing as a job seems so unwelcome? Actually, writing is something that has no barrier, you let your feelings, thoughts & imaginations flow through your hands and into words.

When I was 5, when other girls were playing dolls, I write stuff on small papers(but sadly, I can't remember what I wrote)

When I was 9, my mum presented me a real book, and I haven't stopped reading since. My parents keep complaining that my room is a mess with all the books. Everytime we pass by any bookstore, they would try their best to avoid it by strolling into another direction. Har har.

The thing is, when it comes to writing, most people would think, 'Oh no. I don't know how to write...how do I start? How should I write?'
The truth is, you write what you feel. You start where you stop. You write like there's nothing in this world can defeat you. When you do that, you'll make it as if you are talking to people and they are listening to you - that's what I call an excellent writing.

AH. One more thing, books. Listen up, they are your friends. If you read and then you begin to fall asleep, it's because you are reading the wrong way.

When you read, imagine it in any ways. If you are reading Harry Potter, then imagine you are flying on a broom. And when you read, try and understand the meaning behind each words and sentences. Sometimes, you'll be stunned by how beautiful it can sound.

These 2 books are absolutely soulful and brilliant:

Sold For Silver by Janet Lim
A Thousand Pieces Of Gold
by Adeline Yen Meh


Yeah, so my point here is writing & reading are two beautiful things that people fail to notice. I think the world would be a dull and lifeless place without them.

Sometimes when you can't paint the beauty, you write the beauty(:



xoxo,

9 comments:

Mims, as if. said...

Qm,if you published one of your books. Make sure, you tell me

And I like this post, also (:

QM said...

LOL;D I'll be in contact, then

Shanya said...

You're damn right about book are our friends! But i can never write like you girl! you've got "IT"

rory said...

boooks=love
its the best thing u cud ever do while ur trap in ur house when its raining cats and dog. other than sleeping through it :D

idzy said...

cool..imma go start reading and improve me english :) now me english is sucks..

tgk english aku sucks..

*sigh*

Marvin D. Wilson said...

Good post, QM - I admire your passion for reading and writing - wish there was MORE of that in the younger generation. If you want to be a writer (and you CAN write, GF) - then YOU GO GIRL!

Hey beautiful photo of the rainbow too!

elee said...

I think you should do it, follow your dreams.

Til said...

I second Mims, you better tell me if you publish a book.

I love your blog and you inspire me to enjoy writing. I love reading and I'm one of the better at English in my class, but when it comes to creative writing...

D:

Never liked it much. Except for writing funny stories. But they were pretty bad. And writing about my life.

I'm going to try and enjoy writing and do it with no limitations like you say.

Minxy Mimi said...

I agree about reading... reading took me away from many an unhappy time in my childhood, and even now.
And I do imagine myself flying when I read Harry Potter!!!