Translate?

Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Hidden Teenage Love

Many youngsters, like me, have boyfriends and girlfriends. Hold your horses, I'm not doing the-all-girl's-talking-bout-topic, it's just some random thought of mine for this instance .

What we call this love is - teenage love(formal); monkey love(informal). I think I would use the formal word, sounds more polite. Hahha:D

Here's a "definition" of teenage love:


It's kinda sweet, don't you think? Cheesy but still nice.

I remember the time I had my first real boyfriend. Well, it was an awkward situation for both of us and him being shy(the boyfriend is shy:|), I knew it wasn't going to last long but I still went ahead. Why? some people asked me. Well, it's simple. I liked him.

I've seen some of my friends go with this boyfriend then with that boyfriend. Today with a dude with glasses, maybe next week or month, a dude who wears eye liner. And I'll be standing at the side, my eyes wide opened as I try to remember who is she going out with now.

I ask: Why do you keep changing boyfriends?

She said: I like him but then, I like any guy more.

Whoa. That was simple.

But there are some who have been in a relationship for 2 years, 3 years and 4 years. They said that they don't want anyone else but him. Only him. As far as I can see, they are very happy with each other. Sometimes I think they would end up together.

Some parents will get angry if they find out their kids having a girlfriend or boyfriend. But it all comes to one question: Why do they need boyfriend/girlfriend?

Actually, the main reason is they just want have one is to feel what is like to be loved, to loved and simply to experience it! It is not because it's an IT thing or peer's pressure. It's just human nature...like, why do some people marry? Same fact, different subjects.

So, teenage love may not last long but it does stay in our memories whether it be happy or sad, fill with joy or tears, I'm sure none of us can forget anything about it. Because in the end, that's the way we learn how to heal the broken hearts and find the strength to find a new love again. It is never too pain to love or too shy to love.

Okay so this person is not the right one for you. So what? Dump that person and find your Mr./Mrs. Right. It sounds blunt but duhhh, that's how it's done.

It's okay to have a broken heart. There's always a way to mend it(:


8 comments:

Najihah Hakim said...

my favourite, so far :)
good job!

Marvin D. Wilson said...

Cute post, QM - took me way back in the day (smile). When I was a teenager, here in America, it was called "Puppy Love."

Whatever you call it, it'll be here forever as long as there is puberty and hormones and hearts throbbing.

Shanya said...

"Many youngsters, like me, have boyfriends and girlfriends."
U HAVE A BOYFRIEND THAT I DONT KNOW ABOUT!!!!! Grrrrr hahahah :P

CutePriya said...

Lovely Sweetheart! You have such deep understanding...

Girl Next Door said...

Yup ! It's true .. Teenage love has its own charm. It makes you a better person who can judge what's wrong and what's right.

diana said...

haha, i like this post. it's true, and everybody can relate to it. monkey love is the kind of stroy you can tell to to your grandkids or kids kan. nice post :)

A. K. said...

Love this post. Its cute. Your post reminded me of my First girlfriend. I was too shy to even hold her hand back in those days!

Huda Merchant said...

hey..awesum post..very true !! ur thoughts match up wid me..! :P