Translate?

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Are They Called Humans?

Just to inform everyone, I'm only allowed to blog on weekends. Yeahh...pretty sad. What can I say? My current job is a student.



Today I'm going into a much more serious topic than my previous posts. I bought a book at Kinokuniya at KLCC. It is entitled - SOLD by Zana Muhsen. I have to admit it is the cover that attracted me to pick the book out. It is an Arabian woman claded with a headcover, only her eyes could be seen. Then, I turned to see the back for the synopisis. It wrote:

For fifteen year old Zana Muhsen and her younger sister Nadia, born and raised in Birmingham, a six week holiday with relatives in North Yemen sounded like the trip of a lifetime.

It turned into a living nightmare. On their arrival Zana and her sister discovered that their father had literally sold them into marriage and that they were helpless prisoners. The girls had to adapt to a completely alien way of life, living in primitive stone houses with dung-plastered walls and no running water. They suffered rape, frequent beatings and terrifying ordeal of childbirth on bare mud floors with only old women in attendance.

After eight years of misery and humiliation, Zana escaped - and her story, now fully updated for this new edition, is as shocking as it is heart-rending.

Honestly, this book made me tearful. I never thought I was going to shed a tear for a person I do not know and never met but by her story, she moved me. When I was reading it, my mind was telling me, - 'This can't be happening. This can't be a true story.' But sadly, it is and what more the way she suffered.

I hated her father for selling her and her sister off because I believed father should be there to protect their children. I hated when her 'in laws' forced her to bed in with her 'supposed to be husband' when she doesn't want to. These all seemed so terribly wrong.

In the end, she did eventually escaped but her sister, Nadia was left behind. I nearly cried some more. I'm not sure if they are already reunited. It is really a tragic thing to happened to these two girls who were once in England living the perfect lives, then robbed out of it by their father. Can you imagine your own father doing that? But I am truly grateful that their mother tried hard and fight for her daugthers to be brought back to England.

It is so hard to believe that the people in them are humans! They are more closely to animals! I'm sorry but if you have read the book, you would agree with me. I strictly believe that the man who raised them up have no right to be called as their 'Father'.

I won't spill the beans too much, rent it or buy the book. Seriously, it's worth it. You have to read it if you haven't.

The next issue.

Today in The Straits Time(if I'm not mistaken), a 60 year old woman was forced to perform oral sex by kissing a robber's arse when she failed to give him money.

Kiss. The. Robber's Arse.

I am just completly disgusted by that robber. Pity for the old lady who did nothing wrong. Sometimes I feel like reaching thorugh the newspaper and strangled that f**king, arsehole people who have nothing else better to do.

Kidnap cases are rising high these days. Until they reach a point where they would call the parents up and informed that their kids have been kidnapped. Then after the parents banked in the money in the requested account, they find their kids in school - safe and sound.

I know economic crisis are not good today. That people are depressed and easily influenced to do bad things. But you have brains and minds to THINK to do the RIGHT things. Start by quiting smoking - it can save you a lot of money. Start by walking to work or taking the bus - saves petrol & money as you get a daily work out.

There are better things in life to do and think. Cause once you start the wrong path, it is really hard reverse back to the right path. Not that you don't have a choice, you do but it can cost you greatly.

To those 'mentally problems people': If you are a HUMAN, act like ONE.

8 comments:

Shanya said...

yeay lucky number one i hope!!!
and totally agree with you all these "animals" that treat females like this should well just not be human or animals. Cos they are much worse than even animals! You go girl!

QM said...

hahaha yeah!! Sue them, girl!

Marvin D. Wilson said...

Excellent book review and right on with this whole post, QM. I think I WILL pick that book up. Even though it'll probably make me furious to read it.

And the weekend only blogging thingy? Good for you for keeping priorities, GF - plenty of time in life for blogging AFTER you get your full education. :)

QM said...

I planned to work at home after graduation. I'm married to my laptop & internet(;

Najihah Hakim said...

the 'kissing the robber's arse' part is disgusting. haha -_-

Abra said...

Horrible... you should read Not Without My Daughter, not sure what the author's name is anymore, but a true story along similar lines...

deola said...

Beautiful

QM said...

Not Without My Daughter - the author is Zana's mum. I feel really sorry for them