Translate?

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

It's Father's Day, people! Actually I forgot that today is Father's Day until when I heard in the radio as the DJ blasted: Happy Father's Day!!! I went into a stage of 'oh-my-freaking-hell' and wished(shouted) my dad who was apparently grinning.

There at times when I feel cold towards my dad but I think it's because I'm the eldest and apparently a girl who is about to fly off the nest pretty soon. But the truth is I'm happy enough. He's been a great dad and I would never trade the world for him. I know some people who doesn't have a dad, the worst feeling to feel when everyone around them celebrate Father's Day and they no longer have the chance to celebrate. I'm sorry to those people out there.

I decided to look up at Google on Father's Day and found many interesting quotes. Some were funny, others were meaningful but overall, they show how much Dad means to us in our lives.

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. - Clarence Budington Kelland

Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the god and the weight of her world. - John Mayor

Any fool can be a Father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy!! - Philip Whitmore Snr

A father carries pictures where his money used to be. ~ Unknown

You will find that if you really try to be a father, your child will meet you halfway. ~Robert Brault

There are three stages of a man's life: He believes in Santa Claus, he doesn't believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus. ~ Unknown

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong. ~Charles Wadsworth

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. ~Rev. Theodore Hesburgh

At a time of reproductive freedom for women, fatherhood must be more than a matter of DNA. A man must choose to be a father in the same way that a woman chooses to be a mother. ~Mel Feit

No matter how much we dislike our dads, you'll be surprise at the amount of how much you actually love him. So on this very special day, to the girls - you are still his little girl; to the boys - you are never too old to show love, hug your dad, tell him you love him and that he's the best dad that anyone could ever had.

To my dad, I may not be the perfect daughter but I have a perfect heart that says I love you, no matter what. Happy Father's Day to all Dads around the world!

fathers day2 Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

theoldsilly said...

Awww, sweet post and sentiments, QM. Hey I've got a new blog started up - still under construction, but stop by if you can. :)

The Old Silly

Thousif Raza M.B said...

i will just saw 6 words

"i loved the post very much"

its very good as usual, but here the emotions you potrayed are genuine and i liked that a lot


take care and keep writing...........