Translate?

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

We Do Not Need Replacements

So I was watching YouTube yesterday, well, watching Taylor Swift's video to be exact. I just love her!! Don't you? She won 5 AMA and was the biggest winner of the night. Michael Jackson created history that night, it was so amazing(:


I really love these 2 people. Their musics are so amazing & they write their own songs - very talented people. But then, there was a comment on one of Taylor Swift's video saying: Taylor Swift is so awesome! Do you think she will be as awesome as Michael Jackson or even - the next Michael Jackson? (it was longer but to get to a direct point, this is it, lol)


I honestly don't know why I'm talking about this but I just want to blog & 'talk' with you guys. Plus, this thing has been going on and on - I like firming my standpoint, hahahah! There's been so many going on chaos about 'replacing the throne of the king', 'the next ____' & etc.

Kanye West spoke about it. (Tell you, I feel like shooting this man. He is a rude person and rude people don't go far especially if you wanna survive in the music industry. UGHH)

He said: "You know everyone loves and respects Michael but times change. It's so sad to see Michael gone but it makes a path for a new King of Pop and I'm willing to take that on. There's nobody who can match me in sales and in respect so it only makes sense for me to take over Michael's crown and become the new King. First there was Elvis [Presley], then there was Michael, now in the 21st century it's Kanye's time to rule. I have nothing but respect for Michael but someone needs to pick up where he left off and there's nobody better than me to do that. I am the new King of Pop."

Personally, I think Kanye West has too much going on with himself. Too much pride, I must say if you want to add his outburst at Taylor Swift's VMA. Sheez, an artiste need to be respectful if you want to be loved as many legends that have walked on this earth. He has to learn to control himself - his comments have cause hatred among people, globally. Count me in. I don't like him either. Even his music!

I don't understand the term of 'replacing' or 'becoming the next'. To me, Elvis Presley is and always be the King of Rock & Roll and Michael Jackson will always be the King Of Pop. You know, there's a saying back at my convent school: Once a CBN-ner, will always be a CBN-ner. Even if you have leave that place or the earth, you'll always be remembered as who you left.

Nobody can replace Michael Jackson, nobody can replace YOU. Nobody can replace your mother, your father - there's only one of them and once they're gone, they are gone. Even if there's a new artiste took the music world by storm or you get a new step-parent, it's not the same. There'll always be a feeling of loss in your heart, it's just not the same.

People are individually different. They can have the same face but their personalities and attitudes are different. We should stop thinking of replacing someone's place, instead creating something new. Taylor Swift deserves her own spotlight and not outstanding off someone's spotlight. Michael Jackson will always be the King Of Pop - his legend will go on & nobody can ever, ever replace Michael - you hear me, Mr. West? You ought to learn some manners, I don't deal well with rude & arrogant people.

No replacing, no remaking - just move on and make a new chapter. That's what people want. They want their history to be left the way it is and want a better future. And everyone should be look as an individual and not be compared to others.

Lastly, rude entertainers don't go far! (You know who I am talking about) If you haven't see the outburst Mr West cause at VMA, it's ALL in YouTube. My advice? If you don't have something to say, SHUT UP. It does bring you instant fame - blacklisted!

I think that's all I have to say. Have a great day everyone! :D

6 comments:

elani said...

I totally agree with you! :) Nobody can replace someone else. Let alone MJ! Lol, Kanye is a douchebag; we all know that :D
Kudos to youu :) I enjoy your posts, keep it up.

Disguise said...

Totally TOTALLY agrree with you.

I love your blog, heeh!

Huda Merchant said...

OMG i totally agree wit you i hate kanye too though i lik his heartless song ONLY and I love taylor swift..shes got original music!! and each song has a story to it..i love her songs soo much half my ipod is hers only!!

QM said...

Totally agree with you ladies!
Nobody can replace anybody. There's only one of one - that's all we have, ONE chance(;

Thousif Raza said...

you are so rgt when you say that....


i gotta tell, personally i listen to kanye, but he is far from being the king of pop, i was furious when he walked on stage and said beyonce should have received the award not swift,

and yes you are totally true when you say nobody can replace anybody, because everyone has a unique identity, that makes them special :)

cool post :)

take care and keep writing............

Don said...

Each will be great and remembered for their own individual legacy.