Translate?

Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Little Too Much?

I watched Tooth Fairy the movie today, starring Dwayne Johnson. It was funny watching him dressed in a tutu with his HUGE, muscular arms popping out like some man doll. Eeeeeee....he should and always stick to The Rock, I prefer him punching people rather dressing in pink.


After the movie, as everyone was walking out from the cinema. I noticed a couple of people flashing out their iPhones and began to touch the screen. And I began to think in confusion. These people who have iPhones are in their early 20's and most of them are students. I mean, what do they use it for anyway besides for music, calling, texting, setting alarms & go online? But people rarely go online using iPhone & iTouch a study showed, unless for business people - the rest prefer using laptops.

It's not like I'm talking about it without knowing anything. I have an iTouch and have to admit, I use it only for music and sometimes to go on Facebook just to check friend request and messages. If not, I wouldn't even on it. iTouch and iPhone are roughly the same just that I can't call or text using iTouch.


I don't know but sometimes I think it's too much for a little gadget to hold. Example, those little screen laptops with small keypads. My eyes hurt from straining as I tried to read the screen and my head is wider than the screen :|

I like my big, 'bulky' laptop. It's wide and I can type with spaces between my fingers. I can see my friend's pictures properly and most of all, I wouldn't crush my laptop by sitting on it. Okay, maybe everyone has a different taste in what they like. But why can't we just be advanced and stay simple at the same time?

I still remember when MP3 came out, everyone was rushing to get it and start showing off. Then, it was MP4; then, Nano iPod; then, iPod, then, iTouch; then, iPhone....and soon to be in market. I really think we are all charm with the current hot things in the market. We'll always want the new hot gadget in our hand. Did you know that the younger generation has at least a minimum of 3 gadgets in their hands?

My friends asked me why didn't I go ahead and ask for an iPhone for my last year birthday? Well because I really didn't need it at all. I have my old fashioned hand phone that can call out, text, music & take pictures - I like it that way. I like typing with that little buttons instead of touch screen. I like charging it using a plug instead of needing to charge it through my laptop.

LOL, maybe I'm a generation left behind, who cares :P That reminds me, what should I request for my birthday this year in May??? I get to ask one request from my grandparents for each birthday. Hmm, does a birthday party sounds perfect;D Seeing that I never threw a party in my life before and it would be nice to have one before I leave school for good(:

SIGH, I have school tomorrow:(( Dang it. Oh did I tell you we bisected a frog during Biology class? I felt sooo sad and worst when the boys were torturing the poor animal by removing its organs everywhere, GRRRR.

RIP, Mr. Frog ;(




13 comments:

Huda Merchant said...

Omg seriously i agree with you.

And whats weird is an i touch is more expensive than a mobile right?

I read your post, just when I was thinking of buying a new nano ipod..the chromatic one :P

QM said...

hahahahahh, I think Nano iPod is fine and the best thing to have if you're a music lover(: It's better than MP3, lol

iPhone & iTouch are just like Nano, just that they have multiple types of gadgets in them:/ And I own an iTouch and I barely use it!

Huda Merchant said...

haha yeah I do have a nano but I was thinking of getting the upgraded one, still confused coz i dont think it would make much of a difference.

Disguise said...

Dude, the itouch is stupid!
I totally agree with you :)

nil said...

I agree,totally! I don't get the whole biggie with the itouch, it's lame. It dumb!
How have you been? busy,much?

QM said...

HAHAHH, agree with you, Disguise(: Why the heck did I request for it??? UGHHH

QM said...

@nil: Hey, yeahh,, been REALLY busy with school especially. Getting lesser hours of sleep:/

Thousif Raza said...

sometimes its like that.... but i need not worry because i got none of those :P

and b'day is getting near... hmm temme what do you wish ok... and thx so much for what you said on the blog :) you inspire me.... :)


take care and keep writing........

QM said...

you're welcome, Thousif:D

Charu said...

Hello! I just came across your blog. You're absolutely right when you say you want comfort over modern tech. Even I just prefer my simple mobile phone over something like an iPhone. This might sound contradictory, but I'm an old-fashioned techie. I prefer paper to keyboard, letters to email etc. Anyway, great post and great picture too :)
RIP, Mr. frog :(

Girl Next Door said...

OMG... This frog is soooo Cute...

QM said...

@Charu: Hey there! Hahhahah, yeapp, I prefer to use gadgets that are simple and ones that I know how to use it.

lol, I wish the frog was that cute

QM said...

@Girl Next Door: I love that froggie picture too! If only they were that soft:/