Translate?

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do You Believe?



Do you believe in fairytales?

Do you remember watching those Disney movies where the Princesses are waiting and looking for their Princes Charming? Snow White, I believe is one of the oldest Disney Princess but I was never fond of her. I like Bell from Beauty & The Beast - my favourite Princess Disney movie.

Eventually we all grew out of those fairytale lands, didn't we? We were soon taught, educated and told that fairytale do not exist. You want something, go and chase after it. We can't be waiting for Prince Charming to come knocking on our doors and propose to us the very next minute. This world we currently living in do not hold the word 'fairytale' and often, we see older kids getting annoyed at their younger siblings whenever their imaginations go wild and having fun in their fairytale world.

Cinderella walked on broken glass, Sleeping Beauty let her whole life pass by, Belle fell in love with a beast, Pocahontas risked her life for a feast, Jasmine could have had anyone but she chose a poor man, and Ariel, she walked on land.”

But what if it's not about waiting for the stars to fall out from the sky? I know a lot of people who hate fairytale but deep within, I'm sure everyone wants their fairytale to happen. We all want that Prince Charming - in our own way. Okay, so he may not be a Prince Charming but he'll be the Prince to your very own.

We've been fooled, cheated, hurt, betrayed, lead on...but that's alright. We do not live in a fairytale land but we can make our fairytale land. Along that journey is anything but easy; with the belief, faith and hope - we can make it through, be the strongest. What's love without taking a risk on it? And if we don't, how are we going to open up and believe in love?

Many of us are afraid and either influence by what others say. Simple, don't. Don't let others tell you what or who you should date, why that person you like is not good enough for you, who should be the right one for you. Honestly, don't, you'll regret it. If it doesn't work out, it's alright. Take your time and search again. God had said that He made each and one of us with partners. It is up to us to search and find. Even God knows how to add adventure in it :)

So keep that heart open but strong. As long as it pumps, believe in fairytale. Believe in love. Believe in almost everything. My simple sentence for you is to just...take a leap in faith.





4 comments:

Huda Merchant said...

I so loved this post. And actually, thanks for writing this post coz it kinda helped with something going on in my life right now :)

Ann said...

Even I believe in fairytales. But with some experiences, I lost kinda faith in it. But then again, I told myself, what if I failed few times, I'll surely get what I want and It will happen.

The post was kind of support to what I believe. Thanks for sharing :) Keep Posting.

黃英吳思潔吳思潔邦 said...

Learning makes life sweet.......................................................................

QM said...

Thanks you guys!