Translate?

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Off to Neverland!


Wow, it's been nearly 2 months since I last blogged. Sorry about that. For the past few months, it's all about exams, exams, exams, study, study, study. I swear that A-levels is killin' me :'( However, I'm having 2 weeks of holidays now! So finally, a break for me :|

This whole new journey has made open my eyes more but definitely made me miss some things a lot. Back then, they said "SPM is the most important exam". All I can say now is "How wrong were they." I'm not saying SPM is not important, it is since we need that to enter college but right now, taking my A-levels. This is the most important exam now, not SPM. Honestly, I feel that most of us are so caught up with the 'prison education' that we only know to what we listened. Before this, it was all about SPM; now it's A-levels, SAM, CPU, Diploma, etc. This also proves that it's not the end once school life is over. We keep moving and keep having different 'importance' depending which land our feet drop.

College is fun, the course is challenging and the subjects I'm taking are mostly what I can do best - writing and memorising. This is supposed to be a bliss, right? But I always find myself looking back and wondering what did it all go? I hardly see my best friends, everyone is so stressed up with getting good grades to enter university that we barely even have time to catch our breath or stop for a break.

I often find myself drowning in my own world as I lie on my bed at night. I always think of Neverland and Peter Pan coming to my window and fairy dust to make me fly. The obsession of Peter Pan of mine is not to be questioned; I always love Peter Pan and I always will. Is it the fact that he never grows up? Perhaps a little. Though it's more to what Peter Pan really shows everyone: You need to believe. When Wendy's daughter - Jane said that she does not believe in fairies, Tinkerbell nearly died. So, without believing in something, there's no way it will ever be there. Throughout the years til she became older, Wendy never stopped believing in Peter Pan and that is something I admire most about her.

Also, the need for an adventure. I can't imagine myself being confined to a boring, dull routine. Though in the world we live in today, that's hardly an option. Not only that, every morning in every newspapers, there will be news on violence - so common that we don't even react to it anymore. That is why books are the perfect escape route. They create the perfect wonderland and magic that no other can do. The sad part is at the end, we have to close the book.

We can't always have what we want but in our dreams, we can always have what we want.





*Happy Eid Mubarak, everyone!*



1 comment:

Shufei said...

"That is why books are the perfect escape route. They create the perfect wonderland and magic that no other can do. The sad part is at the end, we have to close the book."

Amen, sister.