Translate?

Saturday, February 25, 2012

But Nobody Likes Rango....

I was reading some of my older posts and caught myself laughing. I thought, "Shit. I really did sound younger and more naive back then." It's pretty bewildering how you can still be the same person yet different at the same time.

Anyway, I just watched the movie 'Crazy On The Outside'. It's basically about this ex-convict who got out and tries to fit in back his normal life. But what really intrigued me was that same storyline which most movies and books have: they keep going back and holding onto that one person who doesn't feel the same way, or not anymore.

I admit I don't have the qualifications to judge on this matter (I'm not judging, by the way) but rather, I just really often wonder why. How can someone go back to a person who keeps breaking their heart? How can someone still wake up and go back to sleep thinking about that one person who doesn't even think about him/her at all?

Argh. The power of love, they say.

I never quite understood love. Not yet, maybe. Of course I had crushes but I wouldn't say they amounted to love. Generally, the perception love is someone sweeping you off your feet, get you roses, buy you unexpected gifts and all those mushy little things that makes love seem so exciting and fun. All the things that most girls would want love as.

However, when I look at my parents, I don't see that. I don't see gifts, roses or sweet words coming from them -- in fact, I can't recall at all. But when I really, really look at them, there is love right there; between ups and downs, it's right there. Sometimes they would do some really simple things. That time, my mum cooked lunch and said to my dad, "Why are you eating so much? My cooking is so good, is it?" He replied, "Of course lah. My wife cooked it." Some may say it's unromantic or that the reason is 'the honeymoon phase has passed' but I don't think so. I just think, that's how love should be.

It should be simple, pure and comfortable. When you look at love, you should be able to be the very best you could possibly ever be. Some people's ideal of the perfect one is someones who is handsome, pretty, charming and rich. I used to have that ideal (blame it on Disney) but after a while, I realised I didn't want that. Instead, I want someone who I can feel safe and comfortable with, someone who can make me laugh and even if we fight and wake up the next day, no love will be lost.

So for those who keep running back and holding onto to the one who clearly isn't the best for them, this one is for you: "Look, I know that you think that she was the one. But I don't. Now, I think you're only remembering the good stuff. Next time you look back, I really think you should look again." - 500 Days of Summer


Don't be sad. Someday love will find you. (and maybe it has)

No comments: