Translate?

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It's the Little Things


I swear, I swear, I swear, I need some motivation. Anything. It feels like I'm somewhere seated along the low points of my life right now (oh so depressing) and I'm not sure if I want to get up -- yet. Yes, please do blame it on A-levels exam that is just lurking around the corner but that is just the BIG picture of it. The most visible one to put so.

Little things matter to me. As much as they make happy, they equally upset me.

I admit, I'm the sort of person who really cherish little things. And I do mean, the most possible little things. I appreciate them to bits. You know, the little things in life which you can find the most utterly joyous moments. So what are little things? Oh well, something like....managing to write in straight lines on a blank A4 paper, finding pretty book covers, your favourite song which you haven't heard in ages playing on the radio, and well, just the LITTLE things. Those which we often don't pay attention to but they take up most of your happiness.

Sounds plain, I know - those little things. But they really make someone the happiest they could possible do. I never quite understood my passion for little things, and it doesn't have to happen to me. It could happen to someone else as I watch it happens and I'll just absorb it into a trace of smile. It makes me happy. That's one thing in life I find amazing.

I like it when I do little things for people. They won't realise it sometimes or too often but I know it makes them happy. If you really look at someone's eyes - I mean, really look, everything you need to see is right there. In return, that's the little thing I take in return. The few flick seconds of happiness that dance in their eyes and I don't think it can get any better than that. Honestly, I think this is one of the few things we look passed on. So, try it. So worth it.

But you know what I really love? When someone does or remembers little things about me. Not trying to be cliche here or something but honest to God, you don't know how much I love people like this. I can be in the shittiest mood for the entire day but just by someone doing one little thing for me, it can turn my whole day around.

Most of the time, they don't realise what they're doing -- and I guess that's the best part. When someone does and remembers the little things about you unconsciously, it actually reflects on how much you mean to that person. Awesome feeling it is, really. Shoot. I need a guy like this. I don't need roses or that weird, why-are-you-giving-me-a-teddy-bear on every goddamn Valentine's but instead, the little things along the way.

So I pretty much guess why it's so easy to get at myself. I'm easy to please and easy to get upset. While others may think I'm being too emotional (bitch please), I find the comfort that while most dive and race after what everyone wants; I still can find the best in the little things.


Sitting here, writing this post on a weekday morning - just another little thing.


3 comments:

JoelleChew said...

I agree on the flowers and teddy bears and whatnots on Valentine's Day! Compared to the little things that reminds a guy about you on a daily basis, those mainstream gifts are close to nothing.

And it's good that you care about the little things. I do too, but not as obsessed as you are. :p I agree that it triggers instant happiness and make an ordinary day even more special. :)

Shufei said...

This is a gorgeous post. :)

I hope you find someone who loves you for all the little things. You definitely deserve it.

Qamarina said...

@joelle: Exactly! Oh boyyy, we're gonna stay single for a long, long time. Haha :p

@shufs: Thank you so much :)