Translate?

Monday, July 2, 2012

Why I Prefer Walking Than Talking


I've never been a person who wears her heart on her sleeve. It's the one thing that makes me stir in my seat when someones display their hearts to me. Literally I could my eyes darting back and forth, stomach cringing inwards and an uneven smile creeps on. Put it simply, I'm an introvert person. Discussing about feelings is really not my cup of tea. Too much emotions makes me uncomfortable, it gets overwhelming and unsettling.

I was just talking to my friends about it today and they too, agreed and understood about it. You know it. I know it. Okay, that's good enough.

I'm really not the kind of person who sends a text to my friends: "Goodnight! You're my BFF okayy. I love you "

I'll just text: "Eh bitch, where are you?"

Admit it, it takes more love to call someone a bitch and for them to reply: "I'm on the wayyy!"

Not going to lie, I do have great friends and really couldn't ask for me. It's nice to know that there are people who care for you, who love you despite how imperfect you can be on some days. But I'm really not an expressive person who will tell others - my family and friends how much they mean to me. I won't go hugging and telling people that every time I see them. To let them hear the replayed words every time, it kind of loses its essence after some time.

That's another story though.

I don't fancy hearing all these sweet things - because I don't see the point of it. Truthfully, my eyes roll at times. Once in a while, it's fine I supposed but too much of self-displaying is just going to kill. Like after hearing something too many times or staring at a word too long, you start to question its credibility and the truth that it holds. To put all those words into actions are sufficient enough to me. That's what I hope most, that others would know that I care about them by discovering themselves and not by the heart on my sleeve, and I rather discover how others care for me because not everyone is going to love you the way you want them to. But it still counts.

But what's most important is not how you express it, that's what I've learnt. Weighing all the methods and ways to do it, the length of words, the subtle of actions; in all of what's to be said and done, if you can get what you intend across clearly, then it's good enough.

"Out of every ten words, believe in one word."

And you'll eventually discover those who only talk and those who actually walk.


3 comments:

Caely said...

HAHAHA. Love that 'bitch' part! But at really, there's too many girls out there who call their friends 'bitches' RANDOMLY and you can tell right away that it's too "extra"!

I liked this: "Like after hearing something too many times or staring at a word too long, you start to question its credibility and the truth that it holds." Can't be any more true :)

JoelleChew said...

"Eh bitch, where are you?" - sounds like a very familiar line, isn't it? ;)

It is true that once something has been overly said without action put forward will reduce its meaning day by day. I wish more people would realize this like you do. :)

Qamarina said...

@Caely: Hahaha I agree, Caely! Same with the word 'babe' :s
And thanks :)

@joelle: it does sound familiar :P haha yeah exactly :) thanks!