Translate?

Thursday, December 27, 2012

HOLLA I'M BACK!

Shit. Yes, that's my first word in my mind while writing this post after a good 3 months hiatus. It's good to be back -- writing. That's the thing about writing though, no matter how long you stop or tell yourself "you know what, I'm done writing", you'll find yourself creeping back, itching to write for words and when you do, it's almost like catching up with an old friend.

*
I was in the bookstore today and I swear I was squirming like a little kid, finding the books I wanted. Sheesh. I still can't find the books I really want, which is really depressing. You know how you really want that pants but find out there's no size for you? Yeap. That's it.

So here's the list of books I've been searching for high & low:


1. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak



2. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green



3. The History of Love: A Novel - Nicole Krauss



4. Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie (like the real story, not the kid's section book)



5. The Boy in Stripped Pyjamas - John Boyne


*
The books received amazing reviews, so I'm really tempted to read it. As for now, I'm still reading Jane Eyre. I know! I'm slow but god, law degree is as challenging as it is. Taking up so much time in my life. When they say you have to write and read a lot, they do mean A LOT. But it's going well for me, I guess -- though it's stressful. Really hoping things would go well next year.

I can't help but feel I don't belong here. My presence feels sore, sometimes it's miserable, other times it feels numb where I couldn't even care what's going on.

But I'll save that for the next post. (yes, I'm coming back)

4 comments:

Shufei said...

Ooh did you watch the Boy in Striped Pajamas movie version?? It was pretty good! :)

COME BACK SOONER! I miss reading your posts!

Qamarina said...

I have not! It's pretty hard for me to watch these movies, especially since I don't download them :/

Oh thank you! Haha I miss writing posts too *guilty pleasure*

Aqil Z Sidek said...

I have a copy of The Book Thief on my shelf. :D Is it really hard to find? o_O I got it as birthday present some time back...

Qamarina said...

It is hard to find :S If only Kinokuniya was 10 mins away from where I live...